Social media marketing is a useful way for companies of all sizes to reach out to their target customers. People use social media to discover, learn, follow, and shop from brands, so if you’re not on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, you’re missing out! Great social media marketing can push your company to new heights, cultivating a loyal audience and even driving leads and sales.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a type of digital marketing that makes use of the trend of popular social media networks to achieve marketing and branding objectives. However, it is not simply a matter of creating business accounts and posting whenever you feel like it. Social media marketing necessitates an evolving strategy with measurable objectives, which includes:
- Keeping your profile up to date and optimizing them.
- Posting images, videos, stories, and live videos that represent your brand and appeal to a specific audience.
- Responding to comments, shares, and likes, as well as keeping an eye on your reputation.
- Follow and interact with your brand’s followers, customers, and influencers to create a community around your brand.
- Paid social media advertising, in which you can pay to have your business appear in front of large numbers of highly targeted users, is also part of social media marketing.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
With its widespread use and versatility, social media is one of the most effective free marketing channels available today. Here are some specific advantages:
- Elevate your company: Using social media, you can transform your company into an active participant in your market. Your profile, posts, and interactions with users all contribute to the creation of an approachable persona that your audience can become acquainted with, connect with, and eventually trust.
- Drive traffic: With your profile link, blog post links in your posts, and ads, social media is a great way to drive traffic to your website and convert visitors into customers.
- Create leads and customers: You can also generate leads and conversions directly on these platforms. Thanks to features such as Instagram/Facebook shops, direct messaging, CTA buttons on profiles, and appointment booking capabilities.
- Increase brand recognition: The visual aspect of social media platforms helps you to develop a visual identity and boost brand awareness across large audiences. And higher brand recognition leads to improved results across all of your campaigns.
- Build relationships: These platforms allow you to communicate with your followers in both direct and indirect ways. It also allows you to network, receive feedback, hold discussions, and interact directly with individuals. The larger and more engaged your social media following is, the easier it will be to reach your marketing objectives.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
Don’t simply take our word for it when it comes to the perks listed above. Take a look at some social media marketing statistics to see how effective it is:
- Every day, the average American adult spends 2.25 hours on social media.
- Over 70% of consumers who have had a good experience with a company on social media will tell their friends and family about it.
- Every month, on average, Facebook users click on 12 Facebook ads.
- Instagram is used by 81% of people to research products and services.
- When they receive a response to their tweet, nearly 80% of Twitter users are more positive towards the company.
- On LinkedIn, four out of five people are in charge of making business decisions.
Social Media Marketing Campaign
Every business’s successful social media marketing approach will be different. But there are a few aspects that they will all have in common:
- Knowledge of your target audience: including what platforms they use, when and why they use them, what material they enjoy, who else they follow, and so on.
- Brand identity: What message do you want to send to your audience through your brand? What do you want them to think when they’re watching your video?
- Content marketing strategy: While social media allows for some spontaneity, you’ll need a systematic content strategy to maintain a consistent voice and produce high-quality content on a regular basis.
- Analytics: Quantifiable insights will notify your strategic plan, such as who you’re reaching, what content to share, when to post, and so on.
- Regular activity: Social media is a real-time platform, so you should be active on it on a regular basis. If you want to use it to expand your brand, you must post on a regular basis, keep on top of engagements with your business, engage back, stay up to date on trends, and keep appropriate profiles.
- Inbound strategy: Do not pitch your company on social media. Concentrate on adding value through relevant and helpful content and on strengthening those around you. This, in turn, will promote your business organically, and others will promote it for you.
Social media is a place where you can express yourself, demonstrate your values, share valuable information, and help others. There will be no need to pitch because people will naturally follow you and promote your content. And by taking this approach, you’ll achieve your business objectives. And also all of the intangible assets that translate to satisfaction and accomplishment.